The jagged scars of my disquieted mind,
Jolted from the asphyxia of apathy,
Begin to bleed.
The despair-born disease leaks
Into my thirsty, eager veins,
Searing a pathway into the
Tenderness of my heart.
The burning pressure builds,
The pulsing heat unrelenting,
I ache to release it,
To cut through my flesh
And mingle blood with air,
Running down, cooling my fevered skin.
Move. Move. Itching urge to move.
Run. Run. Forever blindly running.
Drive. Drive. Driving through the
Cascades of cleansing rain -
Streetlight shadow procession -
Mocking my desperate striving
At deliverance.
Faster. Faster. Never to outrun
The demons that jeer and scold.
I cannot cry.
Something stops me.
I scream for relief
That will not come.
I pray for tears
That will not flow.
My feelings buried in the depths,
Ambushed by fear,
Trapped inside an
Impenetrable wall.
So instead I cry
Rose red tears
On the unforgiving pavement.
Streetlights flicker and cease to shine.
I am alone in my numbness.
Me.
And the rain.
And the proof
My heart still beats.

Comments
Post a Comment